FILMS I (TEND TO) WATCH EVERY YEAR
Inspired by @bookishclaire
- 1.The HolidayOne of my all-time favorite Rom-Coms! Not sure why I skipped it in theaters, but a friend suggested the video and I was hooked.
- 2.The Love LetterHere's another one I kinda stumbled upon. Makes small town life seem realistic and charming, rather than ideal or perfect. I love Loblolly by the sea!
- 3.13 Hours The Secret Soldiers of BenhgaziCan't begin to explain why or how much I love this movie! The story, the cast, the special effects- everything just worked in this movie! When they respond to the diplomatic outpost, then return to defend their annex, it's an e ticket ride (that's an OLD Disneyland reference 😊)!
- 4.National Lampoon's Christmas VacationThough I'm not a big fan of the franchise, this movie is pure comedy gold. The uptight Yuppie neighbors, the hard of hearing aunt & the crispy old uncle with the toupee (that catches on fire at some point, unbeknownst to him), and when they discover the squirrel in the Christmas tree...too funny!
- 5.The SiegeThe movie poster is a tell tale sign of when this movie came out, pre-September 11th. Yet it so eerily maps out how & why something like that terrorist attack on American soil was unavoidable. It's plot is so similar it will give you chills.
- 6.True LiesI didn't vote for him for Governor of California, but I seem to enjoy his movies. This one is my fav (Kindergarten Cop is a close second). Sure I believe a horse could keep up with a motorcycle on the streets of Washington DC and how Arnold CONVENIENTLY knows how to fly a fighter jet!
- 7.You've Got MailSuch a clever, sweet little movie. This captures the beginning of our modern obsession/distraction with the Internet. Plenty of fun characters in addition to Ryan & Hanks (like Steve Zahn, Jean Stapleton, Dabney Coleman, AND Parker Posie)!
- 8.The Long Kiss GoodnightIf you like action adventure movies this one is pure indulgence. There are plot twist that keep it interesting. Genna Davis is a bad ass and Samuel L. Jackson is a hoot.
- 9.The Family StoneSuch a wonderful cast, and heartwarming tearjerker (you will need tissue). I wanted to be a member of this family by the end of this movie.
- 10.Sex and The CityThis tv show was and is EVERYTHING to me! Most definitely in my top 5 favorite shows OF ALL TIME! It ended too soon for me so I NEEDED these movies, well maybe not so much the second one, but I watch it as well! Love my girls!