Pros and Cons of Getting Sick on Halloween
I have been relatively healthy this year, I've only had a few minor colds. I haven't had to miss any classes. This Thursday, I woke up with a scratchy throat. It has been progressively getting worse. Today, I woke up with the plague. Hundreds of gallons of mucous are currently filling my sinuses and I cannot speak. Also, I have my period.
- •PRO: No one has told me to stop complaining.Maybe, because my voice sounds like the anthropomorphic mucous character in the Mucinex commercials? Maybe, because I look like Rudolph the Red Nosed zombie? Either way, people pity me so much that they're letting unbridled complaints soar through my lips with no consequence or criticism whatsoever.
- •CON: No candy.Since, my trick or treating would expose hundreds of children to what I can only assume is the swine flu's distant cousin, I am forced to stay home this year. As I am eighteen years old, it's probably for the best. That doesn't stop me from being bitter about it though.
- •PRO: No exposure to minion costumes.There are many different costumes that I don't want to see this Halloween, but minion costumes are on the top of the list.
- •CON: Crippling loneliness.My friends are out. I am home with nothing to do and no one to do it with. I had to cancel plans. I am miserable.
- •PRO: No last minute costume to throw together.I've procrastinated, so I wasn't actually prepared in any way for Halloween. At least, I won't have to go to Goodwill and throw together a pun or food based costume.
- •CON: No costume in general.Although putting together a Halloween costume last minute is stressful, it's also a costume. I love costumes and makeup. Halloween is my one excuse to wear them.
- •PRO: Harry Potter movie marathons.I can lie in bed and watch all nineteen hours of Harry Potter.
- •CON: I'm sick on Halloween.I'm trying to make the best of this, but I'm very disappointed that I cannot follow through on my plans and trick or treat with friends. I feel absolutely terrible already and losing the opportunity to spend time with people I love on a holiday makes it a lot worse. I have to keep in mind that I'm very blessed. I live in a wealthy country. I'm healthy. I'm young. Ah screw it. I'M SICK ON HALLOWEEN DAMN IT.