Questions Extroverts (I) Have About Introverts (My Best Friend)
I'm loud and emotionally expressive. She's quiet and emotionally suppressive. I don't understand her, but I love her.
- •Should we talk about it or leave it alone?Whenever I feel weird about our friendship, I want to talk about it. I process feelings by talking through them or writing them down. I worry that she doesn't talk about what bothers her. I can never tell when she's going to open up.
- •Is she okay?It's hard to tell. She sometimes talks to me when she's not. Usually, she doesn't talk to anyone. I want to be there for her, but she wears her sadness under layers of clothes.
- •What can I do?I don't know what she needs. She has told me she appreciates it when I tell her how much I care about her, but I don't know if it's too much sometimes. I want to give her space when she needs it.
- •Does she still love me?It's a childish and insecure thing to wonder. I know she does. However, we show love so differently, sometimes I get anxious.
- •How did I get so lucky?Her expressions of affection are few, but they are powerful. I always cry when I read them. She's the best at giving gifts. She's one of the most generous people I know. She's thoughtful, wise, introspective, and wonderful.