I can't sleep.
- •I want a relationship like a heavy comforter. I want drowsiness and comfort. I want to feel safe.
- •Her eyes were like two sapphires dropped in clay. The red drew out their color.
- •His speaking voice was as light and sweet as angel food cake. He spoke like a breeze through wind chimes. He sang like thunder.
- •Her screams were like tears in fabric.
- •Being with her felt the way the tide feels towards the moon. I was always reaching, but I could never touch her.
- •She made mistakes like sloppy eyeliner. She could fix them, but it took more work than she anticipated.
- •Reading was like alcohol. Warm. Bitter. Addictive.
- •He was sour and bitter like grapefruit. I could taste him long after he left my lips.