THINGS THAT MAKE ME UNREASONABLY ANXIOUS
Life on the verge of a panic attack is lovely
- •When I don't understand what the cashier says to meThis should not make me anxious as according to Duolingo I am only 22% fluent in German. But it makes me feel rude.
- •Speaking English loudly or on the phone whilst in publicSee above
- •Talking about my master's thesisI still have a year to figure this out
- •Making small science mistakesEvery time I miscalculate a concentration I'm convinced that my mentor now sees me as the dumbest Master's student ever. It's a high stakes game.
- •Calling peopleNow a fun combination of "I don't know how good their English is" along with my usual phone anxiety. I make the boyfriend prep for phone calls with me by teaching me all the German words I may or may not need.
- •Spending money on groceriesWhen I'm stressed about money I tend to procrastinate going to the grocery store. Which is neither healthy nor sensible and also why I'm eating eggs on rice for dinner tonight
- •Answering my e-mailsI...cannot explain this one. Something about dealing with responsibilities.
- •Going to the doctorAlso inexplicable especially because I hardly pay any copay here
- •Moving to a new apartmentI hate where I live but the thought of moving stresses me out - probably because of the money involved. Byyyye deposit