Excellent Individual Podcast Episodes - 2016
Single podcast episodes from the last year that really stand out in my memory.
- •Alice Isn't Dead: Part 1, Chapter 1: Omelet."He was devouring it. Big chunks of yellow scooped up with long, grease-stained fingers, just shoving them into his mouth. And he was staring at me."
- •The Mortified Podcast: 62. Harry Potter Fan Fiction"Chapter four, dining hall, later. Harry and Malloy were eating breakfast together." Draco: "... Do you always eat TOAST?!"
- •Hello From The Magic Tavern: 85 - Unicorn (Peter Sagal)"Hey, That Guy, how are you set for Assurance?" "I've got to be honest, I don't think anything bad's going to happen to me... I was just dead, and now I'm fine."
- •Aaron Mahnke's cameo on Hello From The Magic Tavern 87 - Missing Fathers"Even something as pedestrian as a Chicago Burger King drive-thru can lead to certain death. I'm Aaron Mahnke, and this is Lore."
- •Criminal: Episode 40: Pappy"But when it comes to Pappy Van Winkle bourbon, it doesn't matter who you are. You can't get it... unless you're willing to be 'creative.'"
- •Criminal: Episode 51: Money Tree"And that made my blood run cold, because I knew, instinctively [who had stolen my identity.]"
- •Embedded: The League"The [Development League] is like the minor league system, for the NBA. We wanted to know what it's like to get so close to this elite club and know that you could be next... or not."
- •Serial S02 Episode 07: Hindsight, Part 1"It is a totally wack-a-doodle conclusion [to walk off a base.] But not if you're Bowe Bergdahl. Then it makes perfect sense."
- •Heavyweight: Tara"Johnathan watched a short experimental video in college in which a little girl sat in silence while her parent sobbed. Now, Johnathan wants to know if that girl is okay."
- •Someone Knows Something: S1 Episode 6: The Scent"[The cadaver dog] is specifically trained to react to the smell of human decay only. But underwater?"
- •Sword and Scale: Episode 62"As I first looked at the case it was clear to me, just by common sense... but this was not a very sophisticated group of people."
- •Reply All: #56 Zardulu"A world where a rat carries a slice of pizza is more interesting than one where it doesn't. But a world where a lady trains a rat to carry a slice of pizza is more interesting than either of those worlds."