Notes on My Current Fall/winter Style: "Moody in the Late 1970s"
- •Fargo season 2, set in 1979.A more than subconscious influence, because this is the best show on television right now. Pictured: Kirsten Dunst, killin' it.
- •But it all started with this photo of young Carol KaneIn this picture... I feel like she's really listening to what you're saying, and you know she will have a snappy reply. Goals: continue to grow out my curls and let them frizz. Wear big earrings, and chunky knits. Only makeup is a messy, smoky eye and maybe wine colored matte lip too at night.
- •Which lead to Gilda, of course.Let my hair frizz outttt. Layer up winter knits and fabrics.
- •Did someone say knitwear?I'm ob-sessed with @rachelantonoff 's Uterus sweater, and find myself sighing sadly every month because she doesn't make a 1X. And I love bergundy so much right now. Nothing says moody aesthetic like my uterus!
- •Bringing back the Coen Brothers... this sweater.Is it chill to have The Dude as a female style influence? Whatever, man. Big ol' sweater and a V neck is perfection.
- •Bill Murray's rumpled sweater style in Moonrise Kingdom.This accurately represents my attitude lately. And I'm mostly wearing glasses these days.
- •Faye Dunaway's coat in The NetworkBecause it's everything.
- •And last but not least, one of those teen girls briefly in the original Fargo film.Cat sweater + overly expressive side-eye is my aesthetic.