Pranks I've Played at Work
Really. (I'm a little too creative for these rigid cubicle walls....)
- •Sent in fake permission forms.My department had a huge deadline for parents mailing in a set of permission forms by April 1. That meant we had to open buckets and buckets of mail that day. I had squirreled away envelopes that we got before that (aka postmarked to us) which opened without tearing, and filled out copies of the forms in the names of fictional characters. Then I slipped in a few of the fake permission slips with each real batch of mail.
- •Put AstroTurf on a coworker's desk.For her birthday, we decorated her desk like a football field. (You can buy a small section of fake grass on Amazon.)
- •Put a stapler in Jell-O.A LOT of time and effort went into this. It's a real (thickened) Jello mold that I'm proud to say held all day!
- •Made my name list in our database as "Detective"Because you could, and no one had.
- •Told a coworker "It Is Your Birthday."And the Chiclet on the cake meant she could watch TV or take a nap.
- •Made a piñata that looked like a coworker.THIS PIÑATA HAS BEEN BLURRED TO PROTECT THE IDENTITY OF THE INNOCENT. We never beat it up... it was "too realistic."
- •Covered a coworker's computer in cotton balls.For her 2nd wedding anniversary (apparently it's the "cotton" anniversary) and we get jealous of you go on vacation I guess...
- •Refueled the crucial discussion everyone thought had finished, with my Halloween costume.#whiteandgold
- •Fake cockroach under some papers on a co-worker's desk.Two hours later: payoff.