Why I Don't Know How to Drive
I've never even sat in the driver's seat. I'm 26.
- •I lived 5 minutes (walking) from my high school.
- •Uber was invented.
- •I can't afford any aspect of a car.Gas? Insurance? Repairs? Buying it in the first place? Parking? Emissions, that's a thing right? Stickers for the plate that cost money? A parking or traffic ticket?!
- •I don't know who could/would/should teach me.And not yell at me.
- •I'm old enough now that learning would be a huge deal mentally and in my social life.I just don't wanna take a class with 16 year olds, ughhh.
- •The idea of being the operator of a vehicle sends me into anxiety.
- •What if I hit someone?!
- •What if someone hit me?!
- •I live really close to a metro stop and really close to a bus.
- •I went to college downtown in a major city with a metro.Shout out Emerson College.
- •I'm not a real adult.