Why It's Always Okay by Me if You Decide to Take a Break From Listing
@ frequent listers who feel guilty for taking some time off:
- •It's not your job.Unless it is your job. In which case, I need you to keep listing because that's an awesome job.
- •Don't let expectation ruin the fun.Honestly if I'm following you I think you're awesome and want to hear what you have to say, but I care WAY, WAY more that you don't feel obligated to make #quality #content for your followers.
- •I won't hate you for not posting.This applies to posting less, as well. Promise.
- •Like any technology you find kinda addicting, it takes time out of your day you may need.And maybe you have a life and want to/need to spend more time on something else which is more important than anything on your iPhone.
- •Absence makes the heart grow fonder.You will return when you wanna and get to read/write lists with renewed enthusiasm.
- •I will miss your awesome lists while you are gone (and if I follow you, your lists are awesome) but I will have other lists to read while you are gone.Because after all, as established, it IS some people's job to write lists.
- •You can catch up when you get back.You can read all my future lists later. They won't disappear. In fact, here's a preview of what I will write while you're gone! : "How I Cured Cancer", "All About My Role on HBO's Girls", "What My Soulmate Said When We Met", and "What It's Like to Win the Lottery."
- •But for now, here's a list of what to remember:1) You do you. 2) I'll be here (loving you just the same) when you get back.