(Or is it just 2015 Jargon? Who knows. The word jargon is also completely bizarre.)
- •"I'll loop you out"No one wants to be on an email chain they don't have to be on.
- •"Let's discuss offline"...lest we bore anyone OR reveal the juicy gossip we are chatting about
- •"Ping me later"For some reason I always associate 'ping' with lasers. Doesn't mean I don't type this ALL THE TIME.
- •"TBD, TBC, TBA"As I recently informed a friend, these three abbreviations are VERY different.
- •"You will have by EOD"("I haven't started this yet but I plan to at 5pm")
- •"Just circling back on this."As a publicist, I send this email 1000x a day. Fun fact: if you just reply "not interested" to a pitch [in a nice way, please?], you will not get any of these emails!