SELF CARE CONCEPTS I'M BEGINNING TO GRASP
Ain't no time like the present. Also, I feel like the day I turned 28 my body started becoming WAY more communicative. Usually to express anger at what I'm doing to it. Humans!
- •It matters what you eat.Oooookay, starting with the basics here. Even a day of all junk all day will make the next one not very pleasant! Also- groggy!
- •Cut out the things that make you feel shitty.For me, that means coffee (except on special occasions!), my bagel-bites-from-711-as-dinner move, and multi-day binge drinking.
- •Routine can be a good thing.E.g.: bedtime (weekdays, ok??), taking prescribed medications (at the same time every day!), a morning and bedtime 'ritual'
- •Move your body.I'm trying yoga! Trying. But, regularly! Hopefully. @jeanstrinh is helping.
- •Hydrate!It's incredible how BLEH you can feel when the only thing wrong is a lack of water.
- •Less screen time.Not just for eyes, but cause there is a big wide world out there that deserves to be lived and loved by you.
- •No fast food*except in airports or on road trips which obviously don't count
- •Sleep matters, too.A full nights sleep EVERY night? Even if I just did it last night? Ok.