THINGS I HAVE DONE WHILE VISITING MY PARENTS IN NJ FOR LABOR DAY
Killin' time in NJ between a work trip to NY and this year's TIFF means....
- •Drank Bud Lite ... at the same bar(s) I drank at with my fake ID when I was 19Why Bud Lite? "When in Rome..."
- •Illicitly smoked a joint driving through suburbia at night in a friends convertibleAlso an identical activity to when I was 19!
- •Apple picking. Berry picking. Peach picking.They don't call it the Garden State for nothin', folks. (I have big pie-baking plans! Fun fact: I have never once baked at home in LA)
- •Taken the dog for a walk.Cmon, that face. This is the secret real reason I come home at all.
- •Eaten one too many bagels.Just kidding- no such thing as too many.
- •Slept until an inappropriate hour every day.Adjusting my body to a time change? Nah.
- •Coerced my mother into taking me on a shopping spree at the mallI know. So Jersey. (But also: so #blessed)
- •Ran into only the most awkward high school acquaintancesThis is pretty much a standard rule for hometown-visits.