SHIT NOT TO SAY TO SOMEONE WITH DIABETES
The holidays are upon us. Don't ask your diabetic friends and relatives shitty questions.
- •Can you eat that?YES. I CAN FUCKING EAT THAT.
- •My (insert relative) lost a foot to diabetes.I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FOOTLESS GREAT AUNT.
- •Are you sure you should be eating that?YES. I'M FUCKING SURE I SHOULD BE EATING THAT.
- •But you don't look diabetic!YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHEN TO KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT.
- •I could never be diabetic, I'm too afraid of needles.DO YOU WANT TO STAY ALIVE? BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO NEED NEEDLES IF YOU WANT TO STAY ALIVE.
- •If you exercise more, you won't need insulin.I'M INSULIN DEPENDENT. I NEED IT TO LIVE.
- •You can reverse your diabetes with diet and exercise!OH SERIOUSLY LET ME DROP WHAT I'M DOING TO GO REVERSE MY CHRONIC AUTO IMMUNE INSULIN DEPENDENT DISEASE. SHUT IT, HEALTH CONSCIOUS NEW AGE WOMAN.
- •Did you eat too much sugar as a kid?WHO THE FUCK DIDN'T. THAT'S NOT WHY MY PANCREAS SHIT THE BED. DO YOUR RESEARCH.