The best friend (part of a tier)
For the first time in what seems like forever, I spent spent over 4 consecutive hours with one of my best friends. In the meantime, he accepted a new (incredible) job, I met his boyfriend & friends, and we welcomed a new year together.
- •He's never been one for touchy-feeling stuff, and quite honestly, most times neither am I but writing this list felt almost necessary
- •We have been friends for 7 or 8 years, and in that time we have seen each other move onto bigger things, chase our goals, change our mindsEver so often, we also look at each other and feel proud. I have yet to meet my soulmate, but I think without a doubt, he's my equal — in the sense that I think just as highly of him as I think of me, and I wholeheartedly believe that feeling is mutual
- •He has influenced my way of being and thinking more than I'd ever care to admitI think it's unlikely that I've influenced him just as much but that's ok. He's both book and life smart, has wit beyond his years, and has a way to state the obvious that gets me every time.
- •Every time I've gone to him for comfort, he has surprised me with the gifts of reason and logicAlthough this doesn't sound comforting or sweet, it's the best, and his ability to help me think clearly is one of the reasons I love him so.
- •Today while we walked around the city one last time, we found a small movie theater, and guess what? We looked up the trailer for one of the five movies playing, and went in as it was starting...We don't see each other enough, so I see why this can seem odd, after all, you don't speak or interact during a movie. To me, this is a reflection of how easy it is for us to be apart for months and months, and just pick up right where we left off.