MOMENTS THAT MADE ME FEEL FEELINGS IN THE SNEAKER CULTURE EXHIBIT AT BROOKLYN MUSEUM
- •My first glimpse of a line of Air Jordan's, which felt like a time-collapsed version of my father's closet when I was a kid.
- •A 50-ish guy and his wife running over to the Stan Smith case gleefully (like, running-into-the-sock-hop gleefully), recalling his old pairs.
- •Overhearing two guys (father and uncle?) educating a kid about Adidas Shell Toes and all white Nike Air Force 1's, trying to convince him of the value of the basic.
- •The Pumas. (My adulthood.)
- •My flashback to borrowing a friend's mixed-matched pair of pastel-colored Reebok Freestyles in maybe 4th grade and feeling a little girlier than usual. (Exhibit pair: bubblegum pink.)
- •All of the couples on first dates.