Some faves and some gems.
- •"Oh dear! Oh, the deer for the...venison stew!"
- •"We don't know anything about her parents; they might be pirates!"
- •"I wish not to call you my friend, for I wish to call you something infinitely more dear."
- •"And I tried not to think of Mr. Knightley in the garden, where I thrice plucked the petals of a daisy to ascertain his feelings for Harriet. I don't know why we keep daisies, they are such drab little flowers."
- •"Your entire personality is a riddle, Mr. Knightley; I thought you overqualified."
- •"I would ask you to please refrain from the intimacy of whispering!"
- •"I love John! How could John do that? I hate John!"
- •"I have a delicate and perplexing matter I must discuss with my brother."
- •"When pressed, I say she is elegant!" ☂
- •"There is only one thing to do with a person as impossible as she... I must throw a party for her! Otherwise everyone will feel at once how much I dislike her."
- •"Badly done, Emma! Badly done." 😭
- •"Triumph? You made a lucky guess!" "Have you never known the triumph of a lucky guess?"
- •"Men of sense do not want silly wives!"
- •"Thank you for being so thoughtful." "No, thank you for thinking I am thoughtful."
- •"Did I mention we are having a new drain installed?"
- •"When you get married, you must eat strawberries at your wedding."