MY FAVORITE BOOKS
Proud nerdy bookworm here
- •Beach Music, Pat ConroySet in Italy and South Carolina, beautifully written, sweeping, incredibly moving. I reread every couple years and cry like a baby every time.
- •It, Stephen KingMy favorite Stephen King and I adore his writing. So much more than a horror novel, it's a tale of childhood and the power of imagination. Over 1000 pages and I've read it at least half a dozen times because it's that good.
- •Harry Potter 1-7, J.K. RowlingI resisted it for a while and then my husband left the first book laying around the house and I just picked it up and got started. And didn't stop. A wonderful series for kids and adults alike. J.K. Rowling is a goddess and deserves her incredible success for creating a truly amazing world that millions, including me, absolutely love.
- •The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, Steig LarssonI miss Steig Larsson.
- •Angels and Demons, Dan BrownThe Da Vinci Code may have been the bigger hit but this one is my favorite. The entire time I was in Rome I was remembering Langdon's travails through the city.
- •Is Everyone Hanging Out without Me and Other Concerns, Mindy KalingI was already a @mindy fan when I picked up the book and came out the other side with a full on obsession. I have so much respect for her and loved living in her world and hearing her stories.