Pittsburgh places to see
When your parents and friends visit you in Pittsburgh, take them to the weirdest and coolest places in town.
- •Phipps ConservatoryGorgeous plants. The cafe is good too. Open late on Fridays, makes a beautiful date location
- •Cathedral of LearningDo the audio tour of the Nationality Rooms for the full experience
- •RandylandRandy has singlehandedly revitalized part of the neighborhood by painting the buildings psychedelic colors and creating community gardens. Check it out - you might meet Randy himself, working outside
- •Center for Postnatural HistoryWeirdest little museum in town. Learn about genetic modification, selective breeding, and much more. Listen to the Sea Monkeys story, it's the best
- •Frick Art and Historical CenterThen go to the Frick cafe - they grow lots of their vegetables in their greenhouse! But watch out, they have short hours.
- •Pittsburgh National AviaryFeed the rainbow lorikeets nectar! Make sure you arrive at the start of the feeding hour, while they're still hungry.
- •KennywoodPittsburgh is a town of steelworkers and engineers. It has some of the best roller coasters in the world.
- •Mattress FactoryIt's a modern art gallery. I normally hate art galleries but I liked this place.
- •Carnegie Museum of Natural HistorySO MANY DINOSAURS. Andrew Carnegie loved dinosaurs, so the CMNH has tons of real skeletons.
- •TechshopMaker space in bakery square. They have laser cutters, 3D printers, welding, woodworking, etc - super cool!
- •Caliban BookstoreThey have a downstairs room, that's where the science fiction lives
- •The Big Idea radical bookstoreAs in politically radical.
- •Carnegie Science CenterDon't miss the Robot Hall of Fame!
- •Heinz History CenterHuge history museum - too much to see in one trip, you'll have to go back