Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Orange
- •BrownThe same color as the chocolate inside? Nice try. I'm not impressed.
Summer break is in full swing, so I've started my self-made Summer 2016 Reading List. First up was John Green's Looking For Alaska. The beginning was a little slow for me. I didn't really get into it until the "After", but I thoroughly enjoyed it from that point on. Here are some of my favorite quotations!
- •"But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people we rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane."Besides the one about smoking, I think this is THE classic LFA quote. Even if they haven't read the book most people have read this quote somewhere. I'm not Alaska's biggest fan, but I adore this line. I know how you feel, Pudge!
- •"It's my fox hat." "Your fox hat?" "Yeah, Pudge. My fox hat." "Why are you wearing your fox hat?" I asked. "Because no one can catch the motherf***ing fox."You had me at fox hat, Takumi. 💕
- •"I! DON'T! KNOW! And you know what, it doesn't matter. She's dead. Is the brilliant Colonel going to figure out something that's gonna make her less freaking dead?" But it did matter, of course [...]"I hadn't been annotating in the book, but when I read, "But it did matter" I had to circle it, because, well, it does matter. What we're feeling does matter. SAY IT WITH ME.
All we know is that we want to steal it, but what secrets does this important document really hold?
- 1.A map to an ancient Freemason treasure.Naturally.
- 2.A crudely drawn picture of John Adams.Beneath it there's a caption that reads, "This guy is the nastiest skank bitch I've ever met. Do not trust him. He is a fugly slut!" (???)
- 3.An unfinished game of hangman.The little stick figure has a powdered wig and everything, but the sentence still only reads: S_ck th_s K_ng Geo_ge ___
- •It might be cliché or overdone.I mean... YEAH.
- •I won't be able to come up with enough points to have an aesthetically pleasing number of points.And I'll toss my standards out the window and add something dumb to get my hit because I'm addicted to nice things.
- •People might hate it.Obviously EVERYONE will read my list, hate it, and immediately print out my picture and start throwing darts at it.