The Best Things about Having Two Thanksgivings
We typically do Thanksgiving twice - once with my side of the family (on the actual day) and once with my husband's side (the following Saturday). I like it. Here's why.
- •Double the pie.Or, this year, triple, on account of the fact that my maple-syrup-based pecan pie turned out so well the first time, I made one with pecans (for Thanksgiving #2) and one (for us to horde at home) with walnuts.
- •Double the family photos.My, but it's easier to take family photos when no one in them is a child...
- •Double the opportunities to do silly things with said family photos.
- •One Thanksgiving with football and another with White Christmas.At least that's how it works for us.
- •All that quality time in the car traveling with my partner in crime.Obviously, this is not us in the car.
- •Fun making memories with both sides of the family - I love 'em all.