Episodes of Drunk History I Could Narrate
ty to @k8mcgarry for this list inspiration
- •The Iran Contra ScandalThis blows my freaking mind every time I think about it. I implore you to read some of Oliver North's testimony in joint committee hearings because it is WILD. He refuses to admit any wrongdoing and even compares himself to Jesus.
- •The Abscam ScandalMy former boss was in the middle of this mess, inspiring me to learn literally everything about it, basically just to mentally fact check her.
- •Mary, Queen of ScotsMy friend made me start watching the crap CW show Reign, which I promptly quit, but the wildly historically inaccurate plot made me do a deep dive into the REAL history of Mary, Queen of Scots and it is a doozy.
- •Hugo ChávezThis crazy, fascinating, lumpy man is the reason I was so rushed to finish my senior thesis on populism in Latin America. He is such a compelling subject that I put off writing just to read more about him.
- •The life of Neal Cassady, from On the Road to the Merry PrankstersI went through a heavy Beat Generation phase (who didn't) and read lots of books about Kerouac and crew. I know a lot about Kerouac but more about his lively buddy Neal Cassady bc honestly he is more interesting.