GOOD STUFF THAT HAPPENED IN TWO THOUSAND SIXTEEN
- •I graduated from college! Without the help of my parents and a few really wonderful professors I would not have made it through. But I did it, and did it on time! I graduated in four years with two majors, two minors, and spent a semester abroad.
- •I got my first postgrad job! I worked for an amazing public official who taught me a lot about life and politics. A boss bitch in the best way.
- •Through that temporary job I got to meet some kickass, inspirational women like former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, Senator Nancy Pelosi, and former Texas State Senator and gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis. They made me feel empowered and proud to care so much about civic engagement.
- •I made phone calls and knocked doors for a presidential candidate and congressional candidate I really, truly believed in. That is a good thing in itself, even if they both lost.
- •I got my first real ass adult job!! I have a 401k and everything. I have a good feeling about this place (even if Alan keeps cropdusting my cubicle GOD DAMN Alan).
- •I discovered this wonderful creative community FKA The List App, which helped me write for fun for the first time in a long time. I remember the first time one of my lists trended and it made me so, so happy. Like glitter exploding inside me, as they would say on Crazy Ex Girlfriend.
- •Get at me 2017