Easiest ways to lose money
Requested by @ECullz! Love these requests!!
- 1.Eating outIf you can make it at home, do it! I think that the bonding that can be done while cooking (see: teaching boyfriends to cook). I used to spend $40 a week on eating out and I gained so much weight and lost so much money. Also, make your significant other yell "Yes, Chef!" in the kitchen, it's a real power boost.
- 2.DrivingIf you can walk somewhere, do it! When I lived in D.C., I saved a gross amount of money on not having a car. Now that I live in a place with shit transportation and I have to drive 30 minutes to work, I would def suggest...
- 3.Not Using Gas PointsKroger, Meijer's, anywhere with discount cards that get you gas off!
- 4.Grocery Shopping Without A PlanI started meal prepping and I have been saving up to 50% on my grocery meals. (See: all my meal prep lists) If you keep a daily planner, it's the easiest thing.
- 5.Not savingI put 10% of my paycheck in a 401K that I can take 7% with me when I leave my job. That's a lot to put in, but it's so so important to start saving. Even if it's just an envelope you put $10 in per paycheck, it will add up. That way, when you have crazy expenses, you'll already have 25-50% saved up (hopefully!). You'll miss that money each check, but knowing I put some money aside prevent me from spending even more. It's money put away for a good reason, not for another pair of shoes.
- 6.Rent LeasesIf you are renting, make sure your lease is for 12 months if you can. Any shorter lease will be more expensive.
- 7.Buying things you don't really need.I frequently treat myself, but I limit it to a good coffee once a week and one new makeup piece per paycheck. If you're stingy with yourself, you're more likely to go splurge.
- 8.If you need a monthly service, shop around!Example: my gym membership. It took me almost two weeks but now instead of paying $40/month I pay $20/month. Half off all because I waited!