LADY MUSICIAN STYLE ICONS
Instead of randomly shopping, I'm just gonna start pulling up old photo spreads and working backward from those.
- •Alice Glass from ex-Crystal CastlesOG hairspiration and sheer black tights evangelist. Optional: bottle of Jack.
- •GrimesNG (not a thing but whatever) hairspiration, especially since a lot of it's DIY??? Also, because she folds a lot of kawaii shit into her daily living and such.
- •BjörkBeen listening to a lot of "Vespertine" lately, and in general, she knows a lot about costuming oneself when you're small and not "traditionally" gawgeous or whatever.
- •M.I.A.Proving that overt cultural inspiration/lifting can and should be political and inspired, not just a ploy for random ***aesthetics*** and such.
- •Noodle from GorillazTank Girl with mad guitar skills, aka Damn, you're cooler than Tank Girl so obviously you're legit. Jamie Hewlett is the best.
- •Envy Adams from The Clash at DemonheadYeah she's kinda mean but you would be too with a name like that. Also, Brie Larson in the film is 🙌
- •Barf TroopProving strength in numbers, and one of the only truly appropriate uses of the screamed word-phrase 🔊"SQUAAAAA!!!"
- •St. VincentI loved Annie's natural color curls but damn of she didn't up her everything game since going silver-blonde.
- •Danielle HaimNot as flirty as Alana or as trad feminine as Este, but relentlessly exudes those ~*rocker woman vibes*~ in black jeans and immaculately fitted blouses.
- •Karen O from the Yeah Yeah YeahsOn stage and off, full rave or garage punk gear, the best.
- •Hon. Mention: FKA twigsMore of an aspirational thing than anything. Untouchable.