Definitive Ranking of the Tracks on Made in the a.m.: Deluxe Edition
I need a life.
- •OliviaThis song is undoubtedly one of my favorite pieces of music to come from One Direction in a long time. I can't get enough of this song. One Direction uses a clear Beatles influence? Sign me UP. Bonus: this song includes Harry's favorite line on the album, and the lyrics are just so sweet and cute.
- •What a FeelingI could listen to this song a thousand times, and I probably already have. My dad sent me a link to a list of One Direction fans favorite all-time songs from the band and was shocked this was #1. I was not. It's so good I almost don't believe it.
- •Never EnoughThis is so beautifully strange. They literally shout "AWOOHA" many times during the song, and I am HERE for it, my friends. Can we talk about the line "lips so good I forget my name?" Or Harry's vocals? Or the wonderful inclusion of a horn section? So undeniably catchy and wonderful. #releaseneverenoughasasingle
- •WolvesSo, boys. Why wasn't this on the regular album? What's that about? Wanna fight? I'll fight. Turn your location on.
- •HistoryYOU GOTTA HELP ME. I'M LOSING MY MIND. KEEP GETTING THE FEELING THIS IS AN ODE TO YOU GUYS NOT BEING A BAND ANYMORE, BUT I'M STILL GONNA JAM TO IT BECAUSE IT'S CATCHY AND FUN AS HELL
- •Temporary FixNo Control: part 2, written from Niall's perspective. This would have been a brilliant fantasy a year ago and now IT'S REALITY
- •Hey AngelTWO THINGS 1) Harry's screaming of "TO THE OTHER SIIIIDE" has been replayed many times by me while I'm driving 2) Is this the cousin of Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve? Will this song also get me through my entire moody 7th grade era????
- •A.M.This makes me think of corny teen movies with stargazing and montages. This is the sitting around the campfire song, for sure. Would be a great replacement to Little Things on a setlist (boys, it's time to retire it)
- •Drag Me DownThis song truly peaked my interest for this album and got me properly excited. "River for a soul and baby you're a boat" gets me PUMPED
- •InfinityPure, unadulterated and fun pop. Harry's vocals are so pretty. This would be BOMB live. (This song took a while to grow on me, but now I very much appreciate)
- •I Want to Write You a SongGoddamn, this is cute. The chorus is one of my faves out of all their slow songs.
- •Long Way DownThe unsung hero of the slow songs on this album, okay??? I'm so in love with this. I just want to fall asleep to it and have someone play with my hair. Bonus points for sappy emotional value since it's apparently about coming down from stardom.
- •End of the DayI really love the verses and chorus on their own, but I can't get over how disjointed they feel from each other. If the verses had felt a little more connected to the chorus, this could have been much higher. It just takes me by surprise every time. Still a bop.
- •PerfectI didn't first like this, but it really grew on me once I listened a bunch of times. The only reason it slipped back down again was because they've sang it at every live performance I've seen them at, and I watched the music video so many times (GODDAMN HARRY) I must have heard it more than any other song. A bit tired of it, but still a bop.
- •Walking in the WindA more mature and fun jam, but not the one I reach to listen to. A solid song regardless.
- •If I Could FlyI didn't immediately connect to this one as lots of other people did, which kind of sucks, since it's a lot of people's favorites. I just prefer Long Way Down or I Want to Write You a Song over this one.
- •Love You GoodbyeThe similarity to Apologize is too much for me, and I can't get over it. I do love Harry's vocal on it though. AND LOUIS' HIGH NOTE. I really wish I could put this higher, I just literally cannot hear anything but Apologize when I listen to this.