My Definitive Ranking of One Direction Music Videos
Filed under: nobody cares but here I go anyway
- 1.Kiss YouTHIS SONG IS SO GODDAMN INFECTIOUS. Consistently rewatch this to make my heart happy. Possibly the most boyband-y of all their videos, but it's tongue in cheek and adorable. Zayn sounds so good (miss u xoxo) and Zarry is ABOUND with the motorcycle and the kiss at the end. @ 2015 Zarry feel free to recreate it babes. Minus points for Liam's shaved head, but bonus points for the four nipple joke, so it all evens out.
- 2.Best Song EverI constantly talk about how I like how One Direction does stadium pop-rock so well, but the best music videos are always the fun and poppy songs. I LIKE SEEING THEM HAVE FUN, OKAY? You can bet your ass I danced along with them. This was truly a great era. (Bonus definitive ranking of the characters: Louis, Harry, Zayn, Niall, Liam)
- 3.PerfectPROBABLY NOT A VERY POPULAR CHOICE BUT LET ME TELL YOU SOME FACTS ABOUT THIS VIDEO. THIS VIDEO IS THE ONLY VIDEO ON THE INTERNET THAT HAS NOT LOST ITS ABILITY TO HURT ME. HARRY ON THAT GODDAMN BED AND IN THE SILK SUIT AND RUNNING AROUND THE HALLWAY. IT FEELS LIKE A KICK IN THE FACE, BUT IN A GOOD WAY I GUESS. THE BEST KIND OF KICK IN THE FACE. HARRY STYLES.
- 4.Night ChangesThis video is a constant reminder that Zayn Malik is maybe the most ridiculously attractive person in the world (I say that as a Harry girl, friends). The concept is so cute and yes, I would like to go ice skating with Harry Styles. Bonus game: turn off the video before all the dates turn to shit. Not really a game. Bonus feature?
- 5.What Makes You BeautifulThe video that started it all. Probably not objectively the best of the bunch, but the sentimental value bumps it up at least 4 spaces. Also, they look tiny and I can't resist that.
- 6.Story of My LifeThe concept is so cute with their families. Kind of sweet that they made the lyrics literal. This song was really the start of the new era of One Direction imho. Bonus points for beautiful TMH Harry
- 7.One ThingTry to tell me that reading One Thing doesn't immediately bring to mind the 2012 era, and the dancing, and the damn catchy-ass song. Hey girl, I'm waiting for ya TO TEST THAT
- 8.Midnight MemoriesLET'S TALK ABOUT HARRY'S HAIR. LOUIS IN A JEAN JACKET. ZAYN IN GENERAL. THIS IS #8 PURELY BECAUSE THIS IS THE PHASE I WOULD HARDCORE DATE ALL OF THEM IN. (also I lowkey love this song)
- 9.One Way or Another (Teenage Kicks)Cute, but this is nobody's favorite video. Maybe because it isn't their song. Bonus points for cute dance moves, charitable endeavors and can I get a hell YEAH on Zayn in this video
- 10.Drag Me DownHarry goddamn Styles with his damn robot and his musical runs can you calm the all the way DOWN
- 11.Steal My GirlI've heard some people who really hate this video, and I honestly get that Danny Devito's cameo is entirely unnecessary and strange, but they look like they are genuinely enjoying some of it. ESPECIALLY Niall. Also, Harry 👌👌👌 (this is a running theme)
- 12.Live While We're YoungOkay, this video is cute and they seem to be genuinely enjoying themselves, but I just really hate this song. Like, with a passion. So...yup.
- 13.Gotta Be YouBoys...what happened? Why does this video have 177 million views, but no one remembers what happened in it? Why are you wearing those clothes? Why was everyone's hair so large? Why did the second line include the word anointed? What on Earth was the plot of this??????? (still lowkey a jam though)
- 14.Little ThingsSpoiler alert: nothing happens in the video. Also, sorry, but I just really dislike this song.
- 15.You & IBlasphemy. The stylist should be fired. They all look tired and sad. The concept is no concept. Whose idea was this? Fire them too.