The Time I Almost Died 💀
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •I am 11 years old. My family and I decided to go out for dinner one night. Just a fam having a nice time.
- •I decided to order the steak for dinner (this was before I was a vegetarian).
- •I'm having a great time. Talkin'. Chewin'. Just a preteen having a ball.
- •I am chewing a particularly big piece of steak for a long time while my family carries on conversation.
- •As an anxiety-ridden middle schooler, I thought someone would notice I was chewing steak for a long time and be like "look at that girl, she's weird" and thus I TRIED TO SWALLOW
- •You may be able to see where this is going.
- •I start actually choking on this piece of steak. My brother is yelling. I forget WHAT he was yelling, but it was close to a yelp, maybe out of confusion.
- •Luckily, my mom knew the Heimlich!!! She saw me struggling and saved me.
- •I, of course, burst into tears from embarrassment. The nice man at the bar comforted me. Said he had choked a couple days ago.
- •That's the closest I've danced with death, I guess.
- •In hindsight, maybe that's the reason I decided to go vegetarian. I should go reevaluate my decisions.