One Woman Book Club - Winter 2016
- •Why Not Me? - Mindy KalingWhat a knockout.
- •The Paris Wife - Paula McLainI wish I liked Hemingway more, but until recently all I could think about when I thought of Hemingway is this guy who went to high school with me who really liked Hemingway and told me I didn't like Fight Club because it was not a movie girls could understand. Now I'll think of him and this book.
- •Modern Romance - Aziz AnsariI was in a meeting at a new job and the check in question was "which celebrity would you want to be best friends with?" I said Aziz Ansari and everyone said "oh boy that is a good answer. I wish I had thought of that."
- •Sick In The Head - Judd ApatowReading this prompted a rewatching of Freaks and Geeks. What a show. My favorite character is all of them.
- •All the Light We Cannot See - Anthony DoerrBeautiful, tender, heartbreaking, and broken up into short passages that kept me telling myself "just one more" into the wee hours.