What I Did This Weekend
Looking back on it, I had a pretty eventful weekend.
- •The weekend started off to a slow start when a old friend flaked as usual
- •Lifted weights at the Barbell Compound with powerlifting champion. He taught me how to log lift
- •Went to the Edison Park bars and mingled with some strangers. Some were creeper than others but overall fun.
- •Defender the powerlifter from hecklers with my quick wit (shit talking)
- •*New addition: failed to mention I hit it off with a girl on tinder that I went a bunch of dates with. It didn't work out but it added to the day
- •Saw the Revenant with my old man. I gave it a 9/10
- •Had dinner dinner at Replay in Andersonville. Good brew and shrimp tacos
- •Went bar hopping in Bucktown. I may have lost my credit card but I enjoyed many drinks in the process. Yelled Jimmy a lot and a friend of a friend. Checked IDs at the front door because no one else was. Put someone else in charge when I left
- •Watched Short Circuit 2 while recovering from a hangover. Never a mistake
- •Had dinner at Nia, a Mediterranean restaurant downtown. 8 courses and a wine flight all delicious.