For when you're feeling down
From Adaptation, written by Charlie Kaufman
- •There was this time in high school. I was watching you out the library window. You were talking to Sarah Marsh.
- •Oh, God. I was so in love with her.
- •I know. And you were flirting with her. And she was being really sweet to you.
- •I remember that.
- •Then, when you walked away, she started making fun of you with Kim Canetti. And it was like they were laughing at me. You didn't know at all. You seemed so happy.
- •I knew. I heard them.
- •How come you looked so happy?
- •I loved Sarah, Charles. It was mine, that love. I owned it. Even Sarah didn't have the right to take it away. I can love whoever I want.
- •But she thought you were pathetic.
- •That was her business, not mine. You are what you love, not what loves you. That's what I decided a long time ago.