My writing places, ranked
- 5.The kitchen table, at the house where I babysitWhen the little girl I watch is napping. It's a round table, sunny kitchen, white noise of the baby monitor and the dishwasher.
- 4.Local coffee shopWhen I need to be around people. Big windows, no music (I might be making that up but I genuinely don't recall ever noticing music here), great coffee. Update: Barista remembered my name today.
- 3.My BalconyEvenings are great. Afternoons are direct sunlight and one of my neighbors is renovating their house, and my roommates dog is probably chewing a toy on my thigh (inexplicably)
- 2.My deskIt's a big metal table that I lovingly scrubbed all the rust off of. It has an old timer swivel chair that was free. My room is at the back of the house where is stays cool, and next to the big tree with all the birds.
- 1.The back of my boyfriend's wood shopThe sounds, the smell, the proximity.