Why I Love Selfies
An opposition to the millennial haters out there
- •Everyday when I go on Instagram, I get to see pictures of my beautiful friends, in a moment when they know they're beautiful.
- •When I think I look good, I get to acknowledge it to myself and share it with others
- •On the Internet, I get to be exposed to thousands of untouched photos of real women and non-binary people who may or may not conform to mainstream standards of beautyAnd despite this non-conforming, are practicing an act of self-appreciation that society tells us we don't deserve to have.
- •Women and femmes of all races get a say in what kind of beauty we are shown in our daily media exposureContrary to the pre-selfie/social media days when this was purely decided by those in charge of magazines and TV aka the patriarchy
- •Selfies take the power from this kind of bullshit and puts it into our own hands
- •Hey world, we're cute and awesome and funny and hot and we know it, and not because someone else told us. Compliment away!
- •End list. Take a selfie today- because you're all beautiful and deserve to know it.