Why The Liquid Matte Lipstick Trend Will Soon Be DEAD 💄💀
With every hot makeup trend I feel like people act like it will be around forever and that it is necessarily part of the gold standard for makeup. It ain't true.
- •They Just Aren't ComfortableI don't care what people say - even the most comfortable liquid matte lipsticks are drying on the lips and feel tight and gross, which is only bearable for a while.
- •They are only long-wearing so long as you refrain from eating pizzaOne of the reasons people rave about these lipsticks is that, due to their paint-like nature, they stay on the lips for a long time. But since they are removable by oil, the moment you eat anything oily it comes completely off. If you are serious about a product being long-wearing, there are more innovative products like LIP-INK that actually stay on for long periods of time. Or any lip stain, come to think of it.
- •Matte lips are fine... But overrated.Like... There's nothing wrong with the matte look.... But it's certainly not better than having a little sheen on the lips. And as my good friend @mia_peanut once said, "the look of matte lips is never going to be worth the amount of discomfort you have to go through to achieve it" (def misquoted). And if you really love matte you can just wear it on the eyes??? Hello. 🤗
- •CREAM IS A DREAMA good cream lipstick is obviously everyone's favourite. It's comfortable, it's attractive, it's classic, and you can't go wrong if it's a good formula.
- •Glossy and metallic are coming backNearly all the companies that were pumping out the most popular liquid matte lipsticks are now coming out with gloss and metallic lines, including Kylie Jenner.
- •The early 2000s are cool again and therefore so is lip glossYes this song is from 2007 I know ✋🏼
- •EVERYBODY LOVES SHINY, DEWY, GLOSSY LIPS OK?Like why did matte get so big I don't get it
- •Lip gloss is often delicious and fruit flavoured....No one has ever wanted to eat their liquid matte lippies I can tell you that much ... They don't even smell good usually!
- •J-WOWW has recently launched her own line of liquid matte lipsticks - and this is how you know a trend has died.NO HATE FOR JWOWW- but she isn't with the times by any means.