The Divorcée's Lament
- •I had a husband who left things:4 almost empty bottles of water on the counter. Drinking glasses all over the house. His pants draped over the dining room furniture because he couldn’t wait to remove the burden of his uniform.
- •I had a husband who left things:Projects half finished or promised until "tomorrow"- piled up higher and higher.
- •I had a husband who left things:Notes that said, "I love you, beautiful," in his very best cursive. Sloppy, empty, and hurried at best.
- •I had a husband who left things:Words left unsaid and arguments walked away from because he was afraid of confrontation and afraid to hurt my feelings.
- •I had a husband who left things:A troubled, sick, lonely wife dealing with his absence. Healing from his infidelity. A lost, lonely look in his eyes as he said, "I'm sorry, I have to go."
- •I had a husband who left things.