ALBUM OPENERS THAT ARE ABSOLUTELY BANGIN'
Album openers that just kill it. Obviously theres a ton of them but here's some off the top of my head
- •Rehab - Amy Winehouse (Back to Black)You put the album on and the first thing you hear is "Try to make me go to rehab and I said no no no!" It's like a punch in the face! You can feel her attitude and it's beautiful! Then the groove kicks in and you're hooked.
- •Lost Ones - Lauryn Hill (The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill)I want to play this song in a stadium full of thousands of people and watch them go nuts. This track slays!! The beat and her don't fuck with me flow just make you wanna get down!
- •Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan (Highway 61 Revisited)As soon as that snare pops and the organ comes in I'm gone man. Drifting away to another place.
- •Running With the Devil - Van Halen (Van Halen)Self explanatory.
- •NY State of Mind - Nas (Illmatic)"I don't know how to start this shit" then proceeds to lay down one of raps greatest tunes. Amazing album opener with a great jazz groove and lyrics that vividly paint a scary picture of life in the projects of New York.
- •Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin (Led Zeppelin II)That riff. That riff.
- •Mojo Pin - Jeff Buckley (Grace)A song that I guarantee will sound like no song you've ever heard before. Blew my mind the first time I heard it!
- •Them Bones - Alice in Chains (Dirt)Gets dirty and in your face before you can even breathe
- •My Name Is - Eminem (The Slim Shady LP)Hi kids do you like violence? Wanna see me stuck nine inch nails through each one of my eye lids?
- •Fight Fire with Fire - Metallica (Ride the Lightning)Just yes.
- •Lonely Woman - Ornette Coleman (The Shape of Jazz to Come)The melody reeks of pain and blood.
- •Meeting of the Spirits - Mahavishnu Orchestra (Inner Mounting Flame)A bunch of young incredible musicians with something to say. Love the rawness and earnestness.
- •Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes (Elephant)Doo do do do do Doo Doo