ALBUMS THAT ARE A PART OF MY SOUL
Some of my favorite albums of all time
- •Where the Light Is: Live in Los Angeles - John MayerMy first experience hearing John's music and this is the album that got me into playing guitar and helped spawn my life long love for music and for being a musician.
- •Live at Cook County Jail - B.B. KingI'll never forget the first time I heard his record. It was like a sonic awakening for me. It was the first time I truly felt what blues music was all about. I must have played along with this record a million times.
- •Born Under a Bad Sign - Albert KingThis album is ingrained in my soul and in my guitar playing. Such a special record.
- •Grace - Jeff BuckleyThis record blew me away the first time I heard it. I had never heard anything like Mojo Pin before in my life. Jeff was one of the most honest and loving musicians to ever live.
- •Live at the Filmore East - The Allman Brothers BandThe solos on this album are so perfectly crafted, they are some of the greatest improvisations in blues/rock music.
- •Room - Nels Cline and Julian LageThis was the sound I had been craving for so long and I finally found it in the form of Julian and Nels. This album changed the way I think about and want to hear music. A true modern masterpiece of sound.
- •The Basement Tapes - Bob Dylan and The BandThere's something about the sound in these recordings that transports me to another world.
- •The Weatherman - Gregory Alan IsakovOne of my favorite works of music ever. This album should be a model on how to write songs that just cut right to people's heart.
- •Voodoo - D'AngeloPure groove.
- •This is Our Music - Ornette ColemanMy favorite Ornette record. The communication and the intensity and the humanistic beauty that is present on this record is amazing.
- •Blue - Joni MitchellThe honesty in her songwriting is awe inspiring. Every song is flawless.
- •Trouble - Ray LamontageThe template for modern folk music in my opinion. If I could ever write an album this good I'd be forever happy.
- •12 Greatest Hits - Patsy ClineEvery song is just cemented inside me. Truly beautiful singer.
- •A Love Supreme - John ColtraneThis album is a man's soul set to music.
- •Come Away With Me - Norah JonesI never stray too far from this album.