FAVORITE GUITAR PLAYERS
Some of my favorite guitar players/players that constantly inspire me. In no particular order.
- •The musician who started it all for me and got me into playing guitar. I owe so much to you. Your playing and songwriting resonates so much with me and you lit a fire in my soul when I was 16 that has spawned a lifelong love of playing and listening to music. Thanks for always inspiring me. Ps. You are killing the Dead and Co gig, you sound better than ever!!
- •Derek TrucksA truly beautiful musician and human being. He is so humble and so incredibly soulful. Words can't even express how much I love him.
- •BB KingI must have played along with "Live at Cook County Jail" and "Live at the Regal" a million times. He represents the beauty in simplicity.
- •Jim HallMy favorite jazz guitarist. His sound, his lyrical playing, creativity, and his desire to constantly seek new ideas are why I think he's so great.
- •Stevie Ray VaughanFor so long I worshiped Stevie. Even though my tastes have expanded drastically in the past five years I still love him. He played with an intensity and soul that's so rare among players.
- •Bill FrisellI think of Bill as the anti-guitar hero. He's never flashy and instead serves the music and is more concerned with creating sound and atmosphere. He's also very versatile.
- •Albert KingBorn Under a Bad Sign is a record that's part of my musical DNA. His licks will always be in my playing.
- •Eric Clapton"From the Cradle" was a big influence on me as was "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs"
- •John ScofieldOne of the most creative players ever. No one sounds like him!
- •Pat MethenyI went through a huge Pat fanboy phase a few years ago. I haven't listened to him in a while but he has a lot of records I really love- "Pat Metheny Group", "(Still Life) Talking", "Offramp", "Secret Story", "Bright Size Life"...you can't not like him!
- •Julian LageA modern master of guitar. Julian can literally do anything on his instrument and he plays a variety of great music.
- •John McLaughlinGreat composer and amazing guitar player.
- •Jerry GarciaA relatively new influence on my playing. I've been heavy into the Dead lately and have really come to appreciate Jerry's playing.