FAVORITE VERSIONS OF RYAN HOWARD
Ryan, played by @bjnovak evolved many times throughout the Office for better or for worse.
- 1.Hipster RyanI love everything about this Ryan. I love the way he dresses, I love his poems, his honesty about his relationship with Kelly, his snarky yet ill informed political comments, his flakiness, and his desire to be an individual yet still conform.
- 2.The TempThis is a classic period for Ryan. He's young, ambitious, and hates where he works. My beef with Ryan in this phase is that he is very rude to Michael particularly in The Fire. The scene where Michael is opening his heart up to him in Ryan's car and Ryan refuses to knowledge the conversation always made me sad. But overall lots of hilarious moments.
- 3.This is From the Sun RyanThe Michael Scott Paper Company is one of my favorite story arcs in the show and Ryan contributes to making it great. I love the banter and tension between him and Pam. "I wish my iPod could make phone calls. No I don't want an iPhone I know what an iPhone is"
- 4.The Youngest VP in Dunder Mifflin HistoryThe arrogant, law breaking, beard wielding, and drug addicted Ryan. Not a huge fan only because Ryan is just way too cocky in this season. However it does bring out great stuff from other characters particularly Michael, Jim, Creed and Kelly.
- 5.The SalesmanCocky but with nothing to show. Ryan is a salesman who's never made a sale but still thinks he knows everything. Dwight says it best when he says that Ryan's biggest flaw is that he thinks no one can teach him anything. This version of Ryan is also more self loathing than the Temp days especially when he agrees with Jim's comment that he liked himself better when he was a temp.