FOODS CONSUMED SO FAR AT MY GRANDPPARENTS' HOUSE THIS WEEKEND
My grandparents are very tiny so I don't understand how they eat this much.
- •Ham and turkey sandwich with lacey Swiss and my mother's bread and butter pickles (2009)
- •Carrot soup with dried parsley,croutons, and Parmesan cheese
- •Baked beans (twice)
- •Roast chicken with zucchini
- •Del Monte Cling peaches, coffee ice cream, and pizelles."Grandpa, this combination is disgusting."
- •Vanilla ice cream with rhubarb sauce
- •Blueberry pancakes with rhubarb sauce
- •ScrappleEnjoyed only by my wife, my father, and my grandmother, who are all pretty gross.
- •German potato salad
- •Mozzarella, prosciutto, mortadella, bread
- •Rigatoni with asparagus and ricotta
- •Roasted broccoli rabe
- •Sweet Italian sausages (plus one beet sausage, which only my daughter likes, because it's purple)
- •"Plantation pride cake""Mom, have you given any thought at all to this name? I really want you to stop saying it out loud."
- •Freihofer's chocolate chip cookies
- •Double chocolate chip cookies
- •Rhubarb pudding
- •The same OCD salad my brother always makes which looks like a Tibetan sand mandala but tastes kind of like nothing.