THE FIVE SADDEST PASSAGES IN A MR. ROGERS OBITUARY I WROTE IN 2003 (RANKED).
- •"Lady Aberlin won't stop crying. The trolley we've festooned with black. Who will explain this to us?"
- •"The zipper broke on my red sweater, and I can't find my other sneaker."
- •"When he was on we sat down in front of the television for the pleasure of feeling loved. "The only person in the whole world just like you" he'd say to us at the close of each visit, and even if we were just old enough to think what a friggin' nerd, in his voice we knew conviction, and comfort."
- •"Will reruns be enough to sustain us, or do we all fail when we end?"
- •"This is some scary shit, I won't lie, and no matter how many times I flip the switch the trolley just won't come."