THE GOLDEN AGE OF TELEVISION MADE FLESH
- •Last night we walked into our favorite Williamsburg restaurant, having been cited preposterously long waits at two other places.
- •But Marlow and Sons was mostly empty, except for two massive and handsome men sitting at the bar.
- •It was John Slattery and Damien Lewis.
- •They mostly talked about their summers, their kids, plays they did a hundred years ago, about how Maura Tierney is super-cool. Slattery appears to have the wit but not the callowness of Roger Sterling.
- •They were waiting on a friend who seemed o be notoriously tardy.
- •Oh, look, it's Dominic West, who sprawls out at a table acres from them, and seems to be exactly as Dominic West as you want him to be.
- •They all talked about "Mona Lisa Smile," which costarred at least two of them.
- •Then we all died. Everybody else in the restaurant just slumped over dead.