WHAT I ATE, WELL, YESTERDAY
- •8:30 am: cappuccino and half a butter croissant from Gimme CoffeeIt's our new coffee place near our new place. I like it but already miss having Marlow and Sons as our local; we'd taken the kid there almost every weekend since she was 10 days old. The other day, the whole staff and restaurant cheered when she yelled, "I pooped on the potty!"
- •12:30 pm: breakfast torta from Brooklyn Star.Needed jalapeños.
- •Also, two John Dalys (alcoholic Arnold Palmers) and two bites of my wife's fried pork chop with chow chow.The chow chow really made it. Also, the frying.
- •2:30 pm: a third of a Mast Brothers Cow Milk Chocolate Bar.As opposed to the sheep milk or the goat milk. Everyone else was napping and I was watching "Daredevil."
- •6 pm: whatever the red wine left open from our dinner party the night before was.And a few bites of the kid's plain pasta.
- •8:30 pm: Marcella Hazan's roast chicken (made by my wife), green beans (made by me)I took the roasted lemons out of the chicken and squeezed them all over the beans, which I think makes me a cooking genius?