BEST PARTS OF WORKING AT A STUDENT COFFEE SHOP
it's a good gig
- •being paid to hang out with your friends
- •free drinks whenever I want
- •making people happy in very easy waysneed coffee? here, have some coffee! hungry? here, have some food! stressed? drink some tea!
- •excessive time dedicated to sociological observations of the strange and amazing environment that is the first floor of the Reg
- •slow motion friendships with the Reg-ularsthey always want the same order and are really pleased when you already know it. Book shelving guy in Hawaiian shirt: cinnamon raisin bagel w cream cheese, not toasted, in a bag w chocolate cake donut. Tall skinny Chinese woman: chocolate scone in a bag. Bryan from the circ desk: toasted everything bagel w cream cheese.
- •scheduled time in my week that does not involve sitting down, looking at a computer, or being by myself.gotta balance out the studying
- •running a Twitter account for an inanimate object that has over 200 followers@exlibtoaster, betch
- •"accidentally" dropping pastries on the floor for snacks later