I'M GOING TO SPAIN & NEED YOUR ADVICE
I am studying abroad next quarter (late March through mid June) and I need ur tips/advice/thoughts on being there! Please suggest, relist, & help a young Minnesotan preparing for a Really Big Adventure™
- •I will be in Barcelona from April 2-June 4
- •I will be able to travel on the weekends
- •I have spent a total of 10 days in Europe everin Spain, my senior year of high school.
- •What should I do? Where should I go? What should I see?tips for traveling in inexpensive ways or finding things off the beaten path would be very very welcome.
- •Help me out love u all thanks in advance✨
- •Cheap way to get big meals: menu del díaIn Spain (and there is often the same sort of deal in France), most restaurants have a menu del día and lunchtime. For around €10 you get a three course meal including bread and wine. If you do a really big lunch like this you can eat tapas/pintxos at bars for a few Euro.
- •Some places I like/recommendGirona and the Costa Brava will be close for you. San Sebastián is awesome. Paris is worth a visit. I love Vienna and Budapest and basically all of Italy. A good site to compare transportation options is Rome2Rio http://www.rome2rio.com
- •Finding cool stuffI often find cool destinations on travel blogs which can be found through search. Also for odd offbeat things Atlas Obscura is a good resource (http://www.atlasobscura.com). Finally Gogobot (http://www.gogobot.com) is my fav site for reviews/discovery. Though I use Trip Advisor too.
- •Take buses instead of trainsAt least if you want to go for quantity of travel - buses are much much cheaper than trains, generally.Suggested by @hmflynn
- •Discount grocery store: DiaEveryday groceries are sooo cheap. Which will save you money for your other excursions. There are other options too, I hear Spar and Carrefour.Suggested by @kbon
- •I agree that buses are more affordable! If you get a chance, take a trip to Valencia. It's a beautiful sea town and it's very walkable. I love Madrid too!Suggested by @lame
- •I really enjoyed the Miro museum in Barca! bonus funicular to get up there which is just a great wordSuggested by @jd
- •for travel suggestions: LISBON. easy to navigate trendy art wonderful. fantastic food and trains are beyond easy. you can take them to both amazing beaches and LA BOCA INFERNO ("mouth of hell") and to a town rhat has 3 castles!!!! THREESE. in the mountains!!!Suggested by @leebear14