Things I'm Thinking as I'm Trying to Get My Kid to Sleep
An almost-one-year old with a stuffy nose might as well be the end of the world. Here's what's running through my head as I'm sitting here rocking and singing with him, going on hour two.
- •Does he have a fever?I don't want to turn the light on to check.
- •Are his eyes closed?Or is he faking sleep and the second I move he's gonna start screaming again?
- •I was totally gonna get 8 hours of sleep tonight.Make it seven. Wait. Six.
- •Maybe his doggie jammies are too tight?Nothing worse than tight doggie jammies.
- •My husband is asleep in bed right now.😑😑😑
- •I guess I should be answering emails as long as I'm here.Nah forget it, let's make a list.