Lately I Am
A post-election referendum
- •Drinking a lot of wineKind of taking a carpe diem approach since the election: let's celebrate something every night and let's toast what we find positive in our days.
- •Buying a lot of feminist apparel.Can't wait to wear it to work.
- •Mentally curbing my excitement/fear of ThanksgivingI'm cooking (second time!) and am excited to host my parents, sister, brother in law and beloved neighbors. I fear that politics may ruin it. This is me last year, killing it:
- •Walking the dog.She can be a terror for the first ten minutes, but it's become my favorite form of exercise
- •Donating to Planned Parenthood.Direct donation to the Indiana/Kentucky chapter, and all the proceeds from the merch goes directly to PP
- •Wrestling with my beliefsRaised Catholic. Work for a Catholic university. Feeling like a bad Catholic but a good human, since I refuse to deny people basic civil rights. Still...the guilt.
- •Wondering about having my own babiesHoly bananas, this is a scary time. The dog is exhausting. How will I be pregs? Will this presidency just see me as a piece of ass who got knocked up? I want paid parental leave, maternity and paternity. I don't want to raise kids in such a divided world. And yet....baby giggles.
- •Does anyone have any advice?
- •Any words of encouragement?
- •I feel lucky that I'm just sort of marginalized, as a white straight woman in Indiana.
- •I am low.
- •I am discouraged.
- •I am worried.