SO I MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE...
When I talk about mental illness
- •It runs in my family, just like astigmatism, heart disease and macular degeneration 👀
- •I started with a new therapist three weeks agoNecessary, after 2 cross country moves in 4 years.
- •She's been deploying mindfulness techniques in addition to talk therapy...It's been something I've been interested in and my sister is a big proponent of it.
- •And it's starting to help me realize many things, first and foremost being: I am not my job.
- •My work does not define me.
- •Work is not the reason people love me.
- •Work is not the reason people want to hang out with me.
- •Work is not a picture I have saved on my phone wallpaper.It's these guys, FYI. My husband and our beloved nephew.
- •The tone I was taking with myself was severely unhealthy.
- •And I'm working on fixing that.
- •People love me.
- •I am worthy of that love.
- •I have so many wonderful things to look forward to.
- •And it's okay to have bad days. Because I am strong and capable.
- •So if you need help and are thinking of talking to someone, my sincerest advice is: do it.
- •You are worth it.