GEMS FROM MY LATEST CONVERSATION WITH MY GRANNY
- •"And you know white people are so into that white privilege - that's why they always getting locked up in foreign countries.""Oh it was a joke. Nah, you can't get away with that over there."
- •"I've had to work with crazy white folks my whole career...I never allowed them to get under my skin."
- •"There's always gonna be racism, bigotry - but you've got to go on with your life."
- •"If you have a negative thought, it's occupying space. You need to put a positive thought in that space."
- •"...But I'm not gone spend too much time worrying about white people. You know me."
- •"You know we got some crazy Black folks running around."
- •"I'm not a victim. I refuse. I will never be one."