I'D LIKE TO THANK MARTIN LUTHER KING, BUT DON'T USE HIM TO UNDERMINE THE CURRENT MOVEMENT
- •There's a current liberation movement in the U.S.
- •LIBERATION, you say??Yea, cause black ppl still aren't free.
- •And guess whose at the forefront of the movement?You'll never guess, it was ppl MLK ignored.
- •Queer Women of ColorFeminists. Womanists. Black Women. Gay women. Trans Women. Non Trans Women. Disabled Women. Non Binary People. because we realize our freedom is intertwined
- •So while you think about MLK's legacy todayRemember that we are currently in a movement and there is SO MUCH WORK TO BE DONE.
- •If you have no idea where to start, check out some of these organizationsBYP 100, Assata's Daughters, Gay Liberation Movement, Black Lives Matter, Fight For 15, Build Black Futures, Dream Defenders, Cop Watch, etc
- •AND DON'T YOU DARE FORGETThat MLK was murdered. He didn't die for shit. And this country's feigned love for him is EVIDENT in its current treatment of Black ppl.